The Green Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Green Forums

Warning: The Green Forums is on standby and may reconstruct entirely soon.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Green Forums! (Est. 3/25/2009)

Obama Say What?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenganon
Administrator
Administrator
Greenganon

Character Information
Health Points:
Obama Say What? Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Obama Say What? Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Gwams:
Obama Say What? Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Obama Say What? Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
World Power:
Obama Say What? Left_bar_bleue7000/7000Obama Say What? Empty_bar_bleue  (7000/7000)

Obama Say What? Empty
PostSubject: Obama Say What?   Obama Say What? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:50 am

Quoted from Yahoo News 5/10/10:

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

Darn those game systems ruining our empowerment and emancipation!

...Wait what? How the hell does that even make any sense whatsoever?
Back to top Go down
https://greenganon.forumotion.com
NZeroJunior
NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
Obama Say What? Left_bar_bleue0/0Obama Say What? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Gwams:
World Power:

Obama Say What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Say What?   Obama Say What? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:30 am

Greenganon wrote:
Quoted from Yahoo News 5/10/10:

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

Darn those game systems ruining our empowerment and emancipation!

...Wait what? How the hell does that even make any sense whatsoever?

Translation: With the advanced technological development, people have not been using them to their full potential. Instead of using them to make the world around them a better place and sharing that knowledge with people that would otherwise not be able to access and understand, people have become absorbed in information and technology - more interested in being entertained than being societally productive.

Take for example, a personal computer. You can use it to access and process behemoths of information that you would otherwise not know or make you say, "Huh?" You can also just as easily share that information with others with the click of a button or the touch of a finger. And with knowledge comes power and the responsibility of that power to do great good (or harm) to society, by giving people the power to essentially do anything. Instead, many people have chosen to use PCs mostly for their own entertainment - watching videos and movies, listening to music, playing games, and basically wasting that great power on their own self-enjoyment.

My point: The vast amount of information and power that people now have access to can be used to greatly change society, but people have not been using it wisely and it has now become a hinderance to our freedom and liberty.

FYI, emancipation means to make free and empowerment means giving power to those that would otherwise not have it.

Did you understand any of what I just said?
Back to top Go down
Greenganon
Administrator
Administrator
Greenganon

Character Information
Health Points:
Gwams:
World Power:
Obama Say What? Left_bar_bleue7000/7000Obama Say What? Empty_bar_bleue  (7000/7000)

Obama Say What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Say What?   Obama Say What? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:06 pm

People use the technology for everything, not just entertainment. Look at sites like Wikipedia that have formed completely of the community.

Now, some people do just waste all their time, but to say that it's restricting our freedom and empowerment as a whole is just foolish to me.

Those that seek the knowledge will find it, those that won't will be lost in time and it wouldn't have mattered either way. Before technology, a great deal of people still wasted their time, now is no different.
Back to top Go down
https://greenganon.forumotion.com
Stewie
Technician
Technician
Stewie

Character Information
Health Points:
Obama Say What? Left_bar_bleue100/100Obama Say What? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Gwams:
Obama Say What? Left_bar_bleue10/100Obama Say What? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)
World Power:
Obama Say What? Left_bar_bleue20/7000Obama Say What? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/7000)

Obama Say What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Say What?   Obama Say What? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:56 pm

NZJ how did u get all of tht info out of tht little sentence??
Back to top Go down
http://stewieforums.forumotion.net/forum.htm
NZeroJunior
NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
Gwams:
World Power:

Obama Say What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Say What?   Obama Say What? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 5:05 am

'Cause I'm awesome like that Very Happy

And I gots me enough edumucation to know what he's gosh dang speakin' abouts Razz
Back to top Go down
Stewie
Technician
Technician
Stewie

Character Information
Health Points:
Obama Say What? Left_bar_bleue100/100Obama Say What? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Gwams:
Obama Say What? Left_bar_bleue10/100Obama Say What? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)
World Power:
Obama Say What? Left_bar_bleue20/7000Obama Say What? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/7000)

Obama Say What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Say What?   Obama Say What? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:17 pm

ohh ok lol the edjumacation im getting with me school sucks....so i was just wondering lol
Back to top Go down
http://stewieforums.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

Obama Say What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Say What?   Obama Say What? Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama Say What?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Green Forums :: Other Topics :: General Discussion-
Jump to: