The Green Forums

Warning: The Green Forums is on standby and may reconstruct entirely soon.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Green Forums! (Est. 3/25/2009)

Share | 

A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:01 am

Chapter One

It all started as an ordinary, wondrous day for Kestrel Scherzotremolo – the birds were singing, the kids playing, and everyone having a good time at Townsville Park. Little did everyone know that that morning would change their lives forever, and would be their last peaceful day at the Park. As Kestrel was looking around the treetops and at the sky letting her imagination go wild, she noticed something – it was a flying meteor headed straight for the park! But even though it was glowing red as it streamed through the Earth’s atmosphere, the meteor had a discernible hue of green to it.

She screamed like the little girl she was and pointed to the sky, everybody else watching her and the object she was pointing to. Soon, mass panic pervaded the area as people also screamed and ran for their lives. Scurrying for her life, Kestrel, rushing to pack up her stuff, managed to get to the safety of City Hall moments before impact. She did not see the blinding light that erupted, nor the massive amount of debris and shrapnel that flew everywhere, at the moment of impact. The vibrations, shockwave, and panic that ensued Kestrel made her plunge head-first into the moat surrounding City Hall. Kestrel was safe – for now.

After waiting half an hour to dry off and get changed into dry clothes, being the obstinate girl of 15 that she was, Kestrel cautiously made her way back to Ground Zero to see what had happened. What was once a cherished place abundant with beauty and tranquility that was Townsville Park was now an enormous fissure. The remaining flora and landscaping looked incredibly morbid and a profuse green color dominated the area. There was nothing she could do, and she could only stare in disbelief and despair.

Before she knew it, massive numbers of green spawn-like creatures emerged from the central green meteor-thingie, spitting a strange, and gross, green goo everywhere they went. While others took to saturating the ground with the goop, others started to seep themselves into several of the surrounding structures. Several fused with the streetlights on the road to become creepy, Shady Streetlights, while some mixed themselves with the mangled mess of destroyed cars, bikes, and motorcycles and took the shape of prodigious, Dire Raptors, and others leeched their way into some of the road debris and started to dig deeper into the fissure being the great Asphalt Freaks they were. And all of these creatures took the liberty to continuing to spread the goo everywhere they went, coughing it up sickly. All the while, the ground started to deform, twist, and shake, as roads and sidewalks buckled, buildings started to lean, and gargantuan slabs of earth broke off and hovered in mid-air.

But then Kestrel remembered something: the entire scene had a great similitude to what her closest friends Raven Venom and Speed Lusion had told her about. A similar series of events happened while Speed and Raven, brother and sister, were out at Camp Kidney just two weeks earlier. But Kestrel had no time to walk down memory lane: she quickly remembered what her friends had told her to do when this day came, and her demeanor completely shifted to the task at hand. The invasion had begun. Planet Fusion was here.

NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:13 am

Chapter Two

On the opposite side of the world, the war was already in full swing. Reports of monsters, strange astronomical and biological phenomena, and Lou messing around with various bathroom amenities have been flooding the Jungle Outpost at Mount Blackhead for weeks. The nearby training ground had already come under attack and was so “infected,” as people called it, with that strange green goop that the commanders of the outpost had to isolate it from the rest of the area using special force fields made in Tech Square downtown. News of what happened at Townsville Park reached the Jungle Outpost within the hour.

“What?! There’s been another attack? Crikey, that’s the third one today!” the leader, known as Numbuh 4, shouted in his Australian accent at Supreme leader Numbuh 1 via video transmission. “Well, what’s the damage report?”

“The latest attack left a ginormous fissure in the middle of the park and I’ve sent other operatives to secure the area the best they can,” Numbuh 1 responded in his British tongue. “I’m going in to check out the area for myself and see what we can do to combat this intergalactic bully. Two adults will rendezvous with me and hopefully be willing to cooperate. In the meantime, keep sending the recruits on missions throughout the Wilds and keep them supplied with all the resources they need.”

“Yeah, yeah Numbuh 1, I’ve got things under control. Just don’t worry about us: we’ll be fine.”

“And Wally, do keep an eye out on Ed, Mac, and that weird imaginary friend. I know they mean well, but I’m not sure that they fully realize the danger that plagues us. And whatever you do, don’t let Numbuh 3 get carried away and killed again!”

“Trust me, Nigie, I’ll keep everyone safe, especially Numbuh 3. Now go take care of that humongonormous hole in the ground and have fun with the adults.”

“Very well. End transmi-“

“WAIT!!!!!” exclaimed one of the recruits who happened to be listening in on their conversation.

“What is it now, Numbuh Zerojunior?” Numbuh 1 said annoyed to his inferior, twin brother.

“My girlfriend was down there today! At Townsville Park! I need to know if she’s alright! Please tell me she’s ok! Do you know, Numbuh 1? Please!”

“I don’t know of any casualties yet, but knowing Kestrel I’m sure that she got out ok. Now will you just shut up already?! I have to go! *sigh* Numbuh 1, out!” The screen went black.

“What was that all about, Numbuh ZeroJ?! Interrupting me in a sooper secret meeting with your brother just to find out about your girlfriend?! I mean, really! Numbuh 1 isn’t the least concerned about his girlfriend at times like this, why should you?” shouted Numbuh 4 at the recruit, even though he was related to the head commander of Sector V.

“I don’t know, Numbuh 4. I’m – I’m sorry I interrupted your sooper secret meeting. *sigh* It’s just that I’m not used to this sort of combat and rigorous discipline like the rest of you guys. It’s been years since I was in the KND and I’ve been really busy with my life: working hard in school, sucking up to the adults, playing music, and falling in love; it’s been a difficult transition back to fighting for kids’ rights.”

“Just so you know, bub; this war isn’t about just you, or me, or the kids. It’s about everyone and everything on this planet that we care, or don’t care, about. And if we don’t fight back with everything we’ve got, all that will be lost. None of us want that to happen; not you, not me, not even the adults. So you better get your act together fast. Got it?!” Numbuh 4 had a way through his enemies and friends by means of brute force. He was relatively short and not always that bright, but certainly not one to be messed around with.

“Sir, yes sir!”

“Good. Now get back to your mission with Ben. Don’t you have to go see his weird, crystal alien friend of his in the Darklands or something?”

“Yeah, it’s a long and dangerous road ahead. I also have to see Samurai Jack about something. It’s about the superheroes that have been disappearing lately. Dexter thinks he knows how to find them and I’m going there to find out.”

“Well, good luck out there. You’re gonna do great. And give Fuse a punch in the nose for me while you’re at it, alright mate?”

“Sure, anything you say, Numbuh 4.” And Numbuh Zerojunior left the control room back out to the Jungle Outpost. It was built on a plateau atop the peak of Mount Blackhead, surrounded by a wall of spiked logs, and guarded by KND operatives all around the perimeter. Trees filled the area with cabins among the treetops. Shops and a mess hall were scattered throughout the base, selling gear, weapons, and power items. A Resurrect’em was stationed so that fallen recruits could warp back to the safety of the Outpost and get back to fighting.

Before leaving, Numbuh Zerojunior stopped by the local Morbucks Savings and Loan Branch to store away some items he found during his fights with the monsters. Several monsters have stolen numerous C.R.A.T.E.s from the KND arsenal, some of which contain very valuable items that the recruits can collect, sell, and trade with one another.

“Welcome to Morbucks Savings and Loan,” the teller, Prince King Morbucks, said to NZeroJ. Even though he had a real KND Numbuh, most people refered to him as NZeroJ, NZero, or NZJ.

“Hi. I’d like to make a deposit into my vault.”

“Sure, no problem. Just tell me your name and I’ll get you to your vault.”

“Numbuh Zerojunior”

“Ok, follow me,” and they went into the little hut. “Numbuh Zerojunior, hmm… where are you? Nope, not Numbuh Macshield, umm, Numbuh X, no, dadadadada…ah! Here we go, Numbuh Zerojunior!” and he opened the vault door with the simple voice command.

Numbuh Zerojunior made his deposit and took some items that he could now use as a higher level operative, then made his way out of the bank, back to the Jungle Outpost, and began his long trek into the Wilds.

Forestgur
VIP Member
VIP Member

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:18 am

Cool=totally awesome-superduper-amazing-supercalifragilistic-pant pant

In other words......
It's SPECTACULAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:38 am

Wow, thanks Forest. I really appreciate your response. Smile

Constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated and prefered, but other comments or compliments are welcome as well.

BriBri101
Technician
Technician

Character Information
Health Points:
100/100  (100/100)
Gwams:
10/100  (10/100)
World Power:
20/7000  (20/7000)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:43 pm

I Agree with Forestgur! This is Spectacular! Very Happy

Bri's One Tough Girl
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alot-of-stuff.forumotion.net/
NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 pm

I'm liking the compliments and all, but is anyone gonna at least offer me some form of detailed response? This is what happens when the person who writes all these elaborate and extensive responses to all these great stories writes his own story and expects the same in return, but gets nothing worthwhile back. I'm really sorry if I'm starting to sound a little whiny and demanding about this, but it's really a letdown that no one else will even offer anything useful, if anything at all, in return to a service that does a lot of hard work for the better of the whole.

I want to complain further, but I don't think it's worthwhile to do so. As I was writing this post, I think I just want to use this thread to post my work without demanding anything out of it. Know what, just forget what I just said and I'll just go about my business with this story. Support would still be nice though, don't let me discourage you from voicing your opinions about my work. Smile

Greenganon
Administrator
Administrator

Character Information
Health Points:
1000/1000  (1000/1000)
Gwams:
1000/1000  (1000/1000)
World Power:
7000/7000  (7000/7000)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Once I get around to reading and writing all of these things again, I'll try to give you the best response I can. Not sure if these were the 2 chapters I read previously or not. But I do need to start getting into the swing of things outside my site again.

Rest assured though, your work does not go unnoticed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://greenganon.forumotion.com
NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:38 pm

Let's see how much story I can write in half an hour before I have to leave for rehearsal today!

Chapter Three

In spite of realizing her duty to the beginning war, Kestrel had little idea of what to do or where to begin. Still awestruck at the mayhem occurring in Townsville Park, she slowly crept her way closer to the gargantuan fissure that lied ahead of her. She couldn't believe what going on around her - the ground all twisted and buckled, green goop everywhere, cars still driving around as if oblivious of the fact that a meteor had crashed in the dead center of the park just minutes ago, and a malodorous and potent odor that filled the area with disgust.

"How in the world could this happen?" Kestrel thought to herself as she made her way through the carnage. "Then again, it didn't really come from this world anyway. But still: what could have caused this disaster?"

Suddenly, a thunderous roar to her right shook her from her daze -- a group of Motor Raptors had spotted her! And they looked hungry for an unsuspecting teenage girl!

"No, don't scream. That'll only make them angry and come running straight for me. Just back away slowwwwly...Don't make eye-contact...and just....stay....calm." But then -- bump!

"Uh oh...." and Kestrel looked up to see the equally terrifying and vicious-looking Asphalt Freak she had backed into. "(explicit)! God, I'm in real trouble now..."

EDIT: Yay, I can still edit this! Continuing!

Pinned between two different and equally terrifying monsters, there was little she could do to escape unscathed, or alive for that matter. Her wide-eyed expression clearly portrayed the paralyzing fear that was quickly overcoming Kestrel. She almost passed out when, seemingly out of nowhere...

"GET AWAY FROM HER YOU FOUL CREEPS!!!!!" shouted a bald kid with cool shades, a red sweater with vest, sweet rocket boots, and who was pointing what looked like a gumball machine modified into what was supposedly a gun. He was accompanied by two adults, both of them oddly different from each other. One looked like a typical senior citizen in an old Hawaiian shirt, but he had a really high-tech and powerful-looking gun in his hands. The other was a really buff Scottish man with ginger hair, kilt, a machine gun for a leg, and a really big sword that could slice a person on his back.

Panicking, Kestrel ducked as her saviors charged and blasted at the monsters with all they had. The bald kid and the old man took to shooting the living daylights out of the Motor Raptors while the Scotsman was battling the Asphalt Freak, slicing and stabbing the monster all over. The fight seemed to go on forever in Kestrel's mind as she lay in the brace position with her head covered, until the bald kid shook her and pulled her to her feet.

"Are you alright Kestrel?" he inquired in his British accent.

"Wh-what? Who are you?! And how do you know my name?!" Kestrel was still in panic mode and sounded like she was about to fight the person who had saved her.

"We don't have time for that now. Our job right now is to get you to safety. It's going to be ok Kestrel."

"Fine. But can you at least tell me who you all are?"

"Have you forgotten who I am already? My name is Nigel Uno, but call me Numbuh 1."

"Maxwell Tennyson at your service, young lady. But everyone calls me Grandpa Max," introduced the old man.

"And you can just call me the Scotsman, little lassie" greeted the Scottish man.

At least Kestrel now knew who to thank for saving her life. All of them except Numbuh 1 were total strangers to her. How could she forget about her boyfriend's brother? "Ok, great. Thanks guys, now can we just get the heck outta this insane war zone?!"

NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Wow, that took a bit of editing after a while, but it's finally finished (the chapter, that is)!

TheWriter01
VIP Member
VIP Member

Character Information
Health Points:
120/120  (120/120)
Gwams:
10/100  (10/100)
World Power:
20/7000  (20/7000)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Rehursal for what?

This looks good.

I'll have to read it later though because so much is happening and now my so called "friend" just realied today that she wouldn't be in town to see Harry Potter so now I have no way into seeing the movie.

But that's my problem and only mine.

Bye.

~TheWriter01
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:00 pm

(Response to TheWriter01 in PM)

NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:59 pm

New Chapter! Yay!

Chapter Four

It was a long and treacherous journey to the Darklands. Only the bravest and most experienced, or in some cases the most stubborn and foolish, dared to venture into such dangerous territory. To add to the danger, Lord Fuse, the ruler of Planet Fusion, had set up shop deep within the Darklands and brought with him some of his most dangerous monsters and plenty of Fusion Matter and Terrafusers, the bizarre green goop that was infecting the Earth and the devices responsible for spreading it across the planet. But that was the thrill that Numbuh Zerojunior lived for: adventure, danger, and the unknown and unpredictable; just like his twin brother.

Unlike Nigel, Kenneth Uno – Numbuh Zerojunior’s legal name – was not a committed operative in his time in the Kids Next Door, and was more of a suck-up to the adults, ever loyal and trusting to his superiors; almost a direct opposite of his brother in many ways. When Nigel cut class to fight the fat and crazy lunch lady, Kenneth was paying attention to a really important detail for next week’s quiz. Nigel hated music and once helped his team destroy a shipment of pianos, while Kenneth was a natural musician and would guard his viola with his life if need be. Most of the time, Nigel was upstairs in the overgrown tree house or out on an adventure with his friends, whereas Kenneth liked staying at home with his parents and spent half of his time bonding with them. And just for kicks, Kenneth had a full head of neatly cut black hair and always joked at Nigel and his bald head. The only things they ever agreed on were that they disagreed on just about everything and to pretend that they were not related at all. But the latter was not to last.

When word of Planet Fusion’s arrival reached the KND, they called upon every present and former operative to help face the threat, even though several were reluctant to call back or have been called back into service. Kenneth Uno was no exception and was initially resistant to returning to the KND.

“Why should I help you, brother? Why should I even bother with the Kareless Narcotic Dimwits anyway? And what exactly is this ‘threat’ you’re talking about?” Kenneth questioned.

“Because, Kentiforus –” Nigel began to explain.

“Hey, don’t you dare call me that, Nigie!”

“You watch your mouth too, brother! *scoff* Whatever, because, as much as I don’t like it, I need you. We need you. The world needs you; and everyone else we can get. And FYI, this threat is eleventy-bazillion times bigger than dad’s disappointments whenever I don’t go fishing with him on Sundays! You noticed that freaky, giant green planet that seems to be getting bigger in the sky for the past few months?”

“Yeah, I first spotted it in my telescope four months ago, but thought nothing of it.”

“That’s the threat! It’s called Planet Fusion and has come to take over and destroy the earth!”

“What? Really? Where’s the proof? Give me a decent enough reason that it’s any threat and then I’ll join you.”

Suddenly, the door was knocked down violently and a very peculiar being stepped into the room, laughing maniacally at Nigel and Kenneth. Kenneth realized that the being looked just like him: same hair, build, height, and clothes. But he looked like he was made up of green gelatin and his eyes were a blazing fire engine red, unlike his bright blue eyes.

“Is that good enough reason for you?!” yelled Nigel. Kenneth could only nod in agreement, struck by fear as the being drew closer to them. Nigel pulled out his S.C.A.M.P.P. and fired it at their unwelcome houseguest, burning a hole right through its chest. The being, unfazed by the shot, grabbed his throat and was about to choke Nigel to death. He struggled to get free, kicking and punching the Kenneth clone, but to no avail. It seemed hopeless for Nigel until – WHACK! – Kenneth came from behind and slammed his carbon fiber viola at the being’s head, beating it everywhere on its body until it released Nigel. Then he took his prized samurai katana from the wall and slashed at the being all over its body until it was nothing more than a pile of green goop on the floor.

Nigel sat up on the bed, coughing and gasping for air. “Umm, *cough cough* thanks for saving me Ken—”

“Say no more Numbuh One. Count me in. And it’s Numbuh Zerojunior to you.”

~ ~ ~

Several minutes after leaving the Jungle Outpost, Numbuh Zerojunior and his Monkey Skyway Agent had touched down at the edge of the Forgotten Falls, a vast and beautiful waterfall that lay at the edge of the Really Twisted Forest. He had never been farther than here before and thus could not continue flying farther with the agent that had got him here; Numbuh Zerojunior would have to continue on foot to the edge of the Wilds, being careful not to get too close to the more powerful monsters around him.

He followed the river along the bank, closer and closer to the edge and roar of the falls ahead. Over in the distance, he noticed a floating bridge that crossed the span of the falls and made his way toward it. When Numbuh Zerojunior got there, he saw that it was just a series of platforms suspended in mid-air, so he had to be careful not to misstep and plunge into the water below. Ever so carefully, he leapt and jumped from platform to platform, moving with great speed and agility across the bridge. He and his best friend, Speed Lusion, were some of the fastest and most skilled racers in the land and know how to find their way around swiftly. Compared to the races they normally do, this bridge was a walk in the park and Numbuh Zerojunior made it across with no problem at all.

After reaching the Monkey Foothills several minutes later, he stopped by the base camp set up on top of a nearby hill to rest for a few minutes and to register with the Monkey Skyway station there. Only then would he be able to use it to go back and forth between here and the Forgotten Falls without having to walk and run into monsters. Plus the view of the falls from the air was absolutely stunning!

“Hey, where ‘ya going?” asked the Agent as Numbuh Zerojunior approached him.

“Oh, I’m just here to register at this Monkey Skyway station. I’m Numbuh Zerojunior and I’ve already registered at the Forgotten Falls station just so you know.”

“Ok. Thanks for lettin’ me know kid. Feel free to come by here again if you need a lift over there. Just remember it’ll cost ‘ya a small fee.”

“No problem. Bye!” and he set off again.

“I’ll be right here, kiddo!”

As he departed the small base run by Mojo Jojo’s Monkey Minions, he saw a S.C.A.M.P.E.R. in the distance, standing by a dock at the edge of the shore. “That must lead to the Darklands,” Numbuh Zerojunior said to himself. “I think I remember Ben and Dexter told me about it when I left. Better go check it out.”

Sure enough, when he got to the dock, there was a S.C.A.M.P.E.R. attendant waiting. “Headed to the Forsaken Valley?” he asked.

“If you mean the Darklands, yes,” responded Numbuh Zerojunior.

“Oh, the Forsaken Valley is the entrance to the Darklands. I can get you there, free of charge.”

“Cool! Well, let’s go!”

“Ok! Hop on and prepare for liftoff!”

Arlen McCool

Character Information
Health Points:
100/100  (100/100)
Gwams:
20/200  (20/200)
World Power:
20/7000  (20/7000)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:16 am

Just finished this NZJ. I really got nothing to say but..GREAT STORY! Can't wait to read more, it's awesome.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tifa Twilight

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:42 pm

yay for the new chapter. Did you post this on the FF forums yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Yup, sure did. I actually posted it there before I did here.

Samurai Jet
VIP Member
VIP Member

Character Information
Health Points:
100/100  (100/100)
Gwams:
10/100  (10/100)
World Power:
20/7000  (20/7000)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Now this is a awesome story, NZJ! I can't wait to see more. Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:06 am

Thanks SamJet! Wow, I can hardly believe that the people that are actually reading this are enjoying it so much. Awesome!

NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:38 pm

Here's a new chapter, fresh off the keyboard!

Chapter Five

“Are you serious? We’re actually at war with some freaks from outer space? And you’re telling me this has been going on for weeks now?” Kestrel had a difficult time taking in the news about the war with Planet Fusion, even though there were signs and hints all around her for the past few weeks.

“Yes, I’ve already told you twice now! You’re worse than my girlfriend for crying out loud!” Numbuh One was having a difficult time coping with his brother’s girlfriend for just even 30 minutes of briefing her about the war. No wonder they were meant for each other: Nigel couldn’t bear either of them for very long. “Now will you please shut up so I can finish explaining?!”

“Fine,” Kestrel sighed, still frustrated that her boyfriend never bothered to mention any word of his whereabouts or what he was doing for the past few days. Then again, their relationship always had its holes and moments of uncertainty right from the beginning.

Three years ago they first met at the annual Cincinnati Music Summer Camp in the summer before they started high school. Kestrel was in the choir, a decent soprano, but she never considered her musical skills, or any of her great talents, anything special. She was never at the very top of any group, never earned any special awards for her accomplishments, and because she was very quiet most of the time, seldom made her voice heard to tell anyone about them. However, on the first day of the two-week long camp, someone came up to her and said,

“Hey, I really admire your singing. I wish I could be as good as you.”

It was a kid from the orchestra, a black-haired kid with sunglasses and a violist from looking at his case with an “I <3 my Viola” sticker on it. How could he point out a single individual from the choir whom he never knew and had no experience in choir and complement her?

“Oh, umm, thanks, I guess? I’m sorry, but what are you talking about?”

“Your singing; you really are a brilliant vocalist. You should be at the top of the choir with your talent. Someone like you shouldn’t be afraid to show what you can really do.” Apparently this guy was very interested in her talents. No one she knew had praised her abilities like this before and Kestrel was starting to feel a little uneasy.

“Well, umm, it’s complicated, you see. Look, I really need to get back to my room and put my stuff away before lunch. I’ll see you around, ok?” and she began making her way down the hall.

“Sure, see you! Oh wait, I never got your name! My name’s Kenneth!”

“I’m Kestrel. Bye Kenneth!”

For the next two weeks, they hung out during rehearsal breaks and meals, talking about their lives, music, and their plans for school. Turns out that they had a lot to talk about and neither of them had really opened themselves up to anyone else before. Soon an attraction between the two of them began to form as the camp went on and eventually, they shared their first kiss on the last night of camp. Fortunately, as fate would have it, they could continue their relationship well beyond the music camp as they had found out that night that they lived in the same neighborhood and were going to the same school the next year in the same grade. They were absolutely ecstatic. And that was where things started to get uneasy.

It wasn’t until a month after the camp that they had made their first contact. By that time, both of them had returned to their old lives and were getting ready for the year ahead of them. They had met once again during freshman orientation before starting high school at the school photo shoots. And after looking at each other’s schedule’s, they realized that they only had lunch together. Plus both of them were very busy with their own activities, so they had very little time to be together. But the time they did spend together was absolutely thrilling and they cherished every second.

~ ~ ~

“Kestrel Scherzotremolo, are you listening to me?!” Numbuh One was about to completely lose it after she had lost concentration yet again.

“Uhh, wha? Oh, ok, got it Nigel,” Clearly she had not gotten anything he just said.

“Good. Now go to that waiting Monkey Skyway Agent out there and show him this ticket. He’ll get you over to City Station, where you are to take the S.C.A.M.P.E.R. over to Sector V, where Numbuh Two and Blossom will help you get trained in combat and ready to kick Fuse’s butt.”

“Ok. Thanks Numbuh One. And thanks again for saving me back there.”

“No problem at all. All in a day’s work for the Kids Next Door. Now move out!”

Kestrel left the RV, known as the Rustbucket, and made her way over to what looked like a monkey in a purple diving suit with a weird shaped helmet, white boots and gloves, and a rocket pack on its back.

“Need a lift?” the agent asked.

“Yeah. I have this ticket Numbuh One told me to give to you,” and she handed the ticket over to the monkey, who scrutinized the ticket to figure out where he was supposed to take her and to make sure it was valid. “So how are we getting to City Station?”

“We fly of course! Hang on tight pal!” He grabbed Kestrel by her hands as the rocket pack ignited to life, lifting them into the air. She let out a scream almost as loud as when the meteor was about to crash into Townsville Park, shutting her eyes closed and holding onto the monkey’s hands for dear life.

“It’s ok, I got you! You can stop screaming now.” the pilot reassured. Kestrel stopped screaming and opened her eyes to the amazing view of the city from above. She could only stare and gasp in awe as they flew above and between the skyscrapers, and looking around to see other similarly dressed monkeys carrying other kids around the skies.

“Whoa, when did this come about?” she asked.

“Only a day after the start of the war.” the pilot responded. “You better be lucky that this ride’s on the house since you’re a newbie. Everyone you see up there had to pay up to use our services. We help transport kids all around town to get them to where they need to go to fight Fuse. You know, our master, Mojo Jojo was the first to actually go up there and face those green freaks from Planet Fusion.”

“Hmm, no kidding. Could you tell me more about Mojo Jojo? He sounds like a great guy.” Kestrel was definitely interested to learn more about him. And she couldn’t stop thinking about him after they landed at City Station Tower and was on her way to Sector V.

Ian Gamma
Technician
Technician

Character Information
Health Points:
120/120  (120/120)
Gwams:
10/100  (10/100)
World Power:
20/7000  (20/7000)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:46 am

This is really good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Anymore comments? I wanna try and get one more chapter finished before I start up school again on Wednesday. I haven't heard from Green in a while and I'm really anxious about what you have to say.

NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:15 pm

This might be my last chapter for a while since my school starts on Wednesday, so enjoy it. Smile

Chapter Six

The ride into the Darklands was not long, but it was quite boring with nothing to see out the window but empty sea. Once the S.C.A.M.P.E.R. made touchdown at the beach of what was a truly Forsaken Valley, Numbuh Zerojunior stepped out, thanked the pilot, and proceeded out onto the beach.

“Wow, the Darklands. This place is already creeping me out, and it’s not even dark yet!” Kenneth commented to himself, gazing at the landscape around him. He could sense danger lurking in the humid air and the exotic trees, the sounds of vicious monsters penetrating his body, and not to mention the sights of ancient creatures with the slightest hint of green goop holding them together. No wonder only the toughest, bravest, and most experienced ever dare to venture here: anyone who thought they were ready to face Lord Fuse upon immediate arrival of Sector V was a fool and might not last more than a few seconds out in these treacherous lands.

Yet even here, there was refuge from the elements: a massive behemoth of a ship lay floating hundreds of feet in the air before Numbuh Zerojunior, the red and black décor the product of Mandark Industries, a rival company to the great war benefactor Dexlabs, founded by boy geniuses Mandark and Dexter, respectively. The sight of the colossal structure was absolutely astounding from the ground, yet it was troubling to not know of a way to ascend up onto the ship since this was his first time in the Darklands. Numbuh Zerojunior walked further and deeper into the Valley until he was inside the shadow of the ship, where he encountered a peculiar group of people standing around in red Plumber uniforms. These Plumbers, not the type that maintain a building’s water systems nor the secret organization set up by President Nixon to prevent news leaks during the Watergate scandal, were instead an elite intergalactic police force responsible for maintaining peace and order in the Milky Way Galaxy, and a select group of them near the proximity of Earth were tasked with aiding in the war against Planet Fusion. One of them had noticed Numbuh Zerojunior coming by.

“Hey there! Need some help?” he asked.

“Hi. Umm, would any of you know how to get up onto that giant ship right above our heads?” Numbuh Zerojunior responded.

“Oh, sure. You see that wood ramp?” the Plumber pointed to a small ramp not too far away from where they were, “a giant platform goes up and down from the top of the ship down to there. It goes pretty fast, so the wait time isn’t that long, but just try not to fall off ‘cause it’s a long way down from there! Oh look, it’s coming down now, better catch it!”

“Awesome, thanks!” and Numbuh Zerojunior sprinted as fast as he could to the wooden ramp with a few seconds to spare before the platform reached the bottom. The acceleration was quite intense – he nearly fell down when the platform began its ascent – but just like a normal elevator, the ride smoothened out as he reached the top of the ship and when he got to the top, he was just as amazed as he was when he first saw it from the ground. The carrier was bustling with activity: fighters were buying goods from the shops, practicing their weapons on the combat Mandroids aboard, departing and arriving at the Monkey Skyway Agent and S.C.A.M.P.E.R. stations on both sides of the ship, and discussing battle plans and trading with one another and with the two leading commanders, both of whom Numbuh Zerojunior needed to talk to. They can help me on my journey, at least I’m told, he thought as he approached the two commanders.

The one to his left was the great and noble Samurai Jack. Transported to this time from his own by the evil shape-shifting wizard Aku, he was the first to fight the forces from Planet Fusion when they made their first attacks on Earth, and the first to have a Fusion created after himself. Fusions were the most powerful of Fuse’s minions, evil and twisted versions of Earth’s heroes and villains that commanded the rest of his monsters throughout the world. The very creature that had brought Numbuh Zerojunior back into the KND was a fusion of himself, but exactly how it came into being remained a mystery.

On his right stood the Petrosapien Tetrax, an ally of the Plumbers and former servant of the alien life form Vilgax, one of the most feared beings ever to come through the galaxy. He was friends with Max Tennyson and his grandchildren Ben and Gwen, all of whom have fought alien beings in the past. Ben was the possessor of the alien artifact called the Omnitrix, which allowed him to transform into many different alien species found in the universe, while his cousin Gwen was an anodite, beings made of pure energy and could harness the energy of the living beings around her to make powerful shields and projectiles. All of these people Numbuh Zerojunior had met along his journey and who had helped him to reach this far. Once they were done talking with the other Fusion Fighters, as he had come to call them, he was next to speak to them.

“Hello. It is a pleasure to finally meet you two, Samurai Jack and Tetrax. I am Numbuh Zerojunior, A.K.A. Kenneth Uno, brother of KND Sector V leader Numbuh One. I come with news from Dexter and Ben.”

“It is also a pleasure to meet another ally of the Kids Next Door, and of Ben Tennyson” welcomed Tetrax. “Any friend of Ben Tennyson’s is a friend of mine.”

“And you should be proud of yourself for having made it this far, young warrior,” complimented Jack. “What news do you bring us?”

“Why thank you, you two. Well, first off, Ben wanted you,” pointing to Tetrax, “to confirm what Vilgax told him about Planet Fusion’s deal with Arnuphatos and Dexter believes that you,” pointing to Jack, “can help him in his quest to find and rescue the world’s missing heroes with the Power Level Tracker he made using some alien tech, compliments of Ben. And both of them told me that you guys would be of great help to me here in the Darklands, correct?”

“Yes, we can be of great guidance to you as you venture ever closer to Lord Fuse’s inner sanctums,” said Jack, “but only if you have the heart and desire to carry on this great journey you have started. Are you ready?”

“Yes, I am.” Numbuh Zerojunior said with confidence and pride.

“Then let us begin…”

NZeroJunior

Character Information
Health Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Gwams:
0/0  (0/0)
World Power:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:53 pm

So apparently I don't think I had enough action going on here in this chapter, so I'll be adding another part to it sometime later before I continue to the next chapter. *Hint: Remember how I'm a top racer in FF? Wink*

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior   

Back to top Go down

A Second Chance: FanFiction by NZeroJunior
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1